Embroidery stitching guide – Padded Straight Stitch Variations !
These are beautiful blossom flowers.
1. The blossom flowers will be marked on the design with the following:
2. Work a padded straight stitch for each of the petals. Be careful not to fill the centre
circle. Work the petals only to the edge of the circle.
3. Work shading on the blossom. In a contrasting colour, work a straight stitch
from the base of the petal to about half way up the petal.
4. Work 2 more straight stitches from the base of the petal and fanning out either side of
the first stitch. These two stitches will be slightly shorter.
5. Optional: In a contrasting colour work a fly stitch at the tip of the blossom. Work down
approximately a quarter to a third of the distance from the tip. Finish with a straight
stitch at the tip.
6. Work 5 straight stitches in green. Start the stitch where the petals start to divide and
work into the middle of the centre circle. Pull tightly so the stitches sit between the petals.
7. Fill the centre with a french knot or a cluster of knots.