DIY Embroidery – Stitches – Straight Stitch Variations !
Used for grass, stems and flower petals.
1. Bring the needle out at A.
2. Take the needle down at B. Your straight
stitch is complete.
Straight Stitch Variations
Work the straight stitch from the tip of the
petal into the centre each time.
1. Work the straight stitch from the tip of the petal into the centre.
2. Work 2 more straight stitches from the tip of the petal. Fan out the stitches either side of the first stitch and go into the same hole at the base of the petal. The two stitches can be the same length or slightly shorter than the central stitch.
3. Work 4-5 petals in a circle to form a flower.
It is often easier to leave a small circle in the centre. Fill with french knots or a straight stitch into each petal.